GeoCue 2014 SP5 adds new coordinate reference systems, limited 64-bit TerraScan for CE support (full support will be in GeoCue 2016), performance enhancements and several fixes, including a lot of cleanup and beefed up tools for LAS v1.4 workflows. Users of GeoCue 2014 are encouraged to apply this service pack at their earliest convenience. Users still working on previous versions of GeoCue are encouraged to upgrade to GeoCue 2014 SP5 at this time. As always, ensure that your GeoCue database is backed up before beginning the process of applying a service pack, or upgrading versions. Regular backups of the GeoCue database should be a standard part of your company backup procedures and help protect against the loss of valuable information.
For more information on the current service pack, SP5, please see the Customer Advisory Bulletin – CAB_GC20160826A.
If you are working on LAS files for ultimate delivery to the USGS be aware of the need to make a manual modification following the installation of service pack 5.
Service pack 5 contains all previously released service pack fixes.
For more information on service pack 4, which is also included in the current service pack, please see the Customer Advisory Bulletin – CAB_GC20151221A.
For more information on service pack 2, which is also included in the current service pack, please see the Customer Advisory Bulletin – CAB_GC20150414A.
For more information on service pack 1, which is also included in the current service pack, please see the Customer Advisory Bulletin – CAB_GC20141212A.
- Exit all GeoCue Clients and ensure that no background processing is being done on any GeoCue nodes.
- Download the service pack ZIP file from the following link and extract its contents to the GeoCue Common Folder as defined in Database Manager. Be sure to retain the folder names when extracting so that a “Service Packs” folder and other subfolders under it are created in the GeoCue Common Folder location.
- On the GeoCue Server Machine, run the extracted Install.exe from the appropriate folder under the “Service Packs\GeoCue Server” folder.
- On each GeoCue Client node, browse All Programs -> GeoCue -> GeoCue Client -> Check for Service Packs and install the required service packs.
- Otherwise, on each GeoCue Client node, run GeoCue. GeoCue will exit immediately and you will be notified if any other service packs are available and prompted to install.
- Once the service packs are installed you may restart GeoCue and continue working.
Note- Local administrative privileges are required.