LP360 is a family of point cloud exploitation tools for both native Windows (“standalone”) and the ArcGIS® desktop platform. LP360 for ArcGIS is the world’s most popular point cloud (such as LIDAR and dense image matching) visualization, editing and information extraction tool set for ArcGIS®. It is available directly from GeoCue Group Inc.1 (www.geocue.com) and (outside North America) from a global reseller network (www.LP360.com/purchase/resellers.html).
LP360 for sUAS (formerly Topolyst) is a licensing level of LP360 designed specifically for the small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) market. LP360, licensed as LP360 for sUAS, is available from GeoCue Group, our UAS subsidiary AirGon and a number of sUAS focused resellers.
LP360 applications are available in two platform configurations (all Microsoft Windows®-based):
- LP360 – This is the native 64 bit Windows version of LP360. It has no software prerequisites other than Windows. It executes on Windows x64, Version 7 and later.
- LP360 for ArcGIS® – A fully qualified extension for ArcMap® desktop. LP360 for ArcGIS® requires the Basic level of ArcMap® (“the “ArcView®” level of ArcMap under the ESRI versions prior to the 10.1 naming scheme). This remains a 32 bit product until ESRI® releases ArcGIS® desktop for 64 bit. The 2017.1 LP360 release is certified on versions of ArcGIS desktop from 10.0 to 10.5. LP360 for ArcGIS® contains a subset of the full functionality of LP360.
LP360 is available in six capability (licensing) levels:
- Viewer (Windows only) – This is a free viewer level of the software. It is available only for standalone Windows
- Basic (Windows, ArcGIS®) – This is the basic level, suitable for visualization, Quality Check and some derived product generation.
- Standard (Windows, ArcGIS®) – This level adds interactive classification and analysis capabilities.
- Advanced (Windows, ArcGIS®) – This level adds advanced point cloud “tasks” and automatic classification routines.
- LP360 for sUAS (Windows, ArcGIS) – This version is feature identical to LP360 Advanced. This version is limited to a maximum aggregate point cloud size of 4 km2 (approximately 1,000 acres), a size sufficient for most practical sUAS projects.
- LP360 for sUAS (Windows, ArcGIS) Unlimited – This version of LP360 for sUAS does not have a LAS data size limitation. It is functionally equivalent to LP360 Advanced.
LP360 and LP360 for ArcGIS® are available in two licensing models:
- Node Locked – The software is assigned to a specific machine and can be executed only on that machine
- Floating – The software can be loaded on any machine and up to the number of owned floating licenses can be simultaneously run
Note that with version 2017.1, the following changes have been made to the LP360 lineup:
- The Topolyst level of licensing has been renamed back to LP360 for sUAS (we were causing confusion in the market with the two different names)
- The LP360 for sUAS license level is now available in both node locked and floating licenses as well as Windows and the ArcGIS extension
The follow matrices reflect features and functions that appear in the 2017.1.54.xx. Note that features new to 2017.1 are highlighted in yellow. With each release of the software, we make numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements. These are generally listed in the Release Notes but not in these feature matrices.
The matrices show the licensing level of each feature for LP360.
Note that while the licensing level LP360 for sUAS includes both the Windows version and ArcGIS versions of LP360, we list the features for the Windows version of sUAS (this column is for convivence since the sUAS version is functionally equivalent to LP360 Advanced).