Feature Analyst is an exciting new tool that will appear in LP360/Topolyst 2016.2. To motivate this discussion, I will provide a synopsis of a few use cases for Feature Analyst here. A detailed look at these cases is presented at the end of this article. Examples of tests you will be able to perform with the 2016.2 release include:
- Water body flatness (Flat Feature)
- Monotonic Hydro Drainage (Downhill/Uphill)
- “Fudge Factor” in creating drains (M Value tests)
- Contour flatness test
- Stockpile toes deviating from the surface
- Unintentional holes (CW/CCW)
- Too much polygon detail (Minimum Polygon Area)
- Many other examples….
We have been working with a small group of customers (primarily from the US Government) who do a lot of feature collection from LIDAR-based data sets. This work is primarily in support of hydrological modeling but can also encompass planimetric mapping operations. The group forms what I call the “LP360 Advisory Group” or “LAG.” This group advises us on capabilities for our software that will make a significant positive impact on their work.
Read Complete Article: LP360 and Topolyst Feature Analyst