Often times users are looking for ways to evaluate the verticality, or the angularof a feature vs the sits. For instance, poles, support pillars, or walls.
- Load the laser points into TerraScan
- Use Draw Vertical Section to create a vertical section of the desired feature.
- Use Place SmartLine to draw a vertical line near the feature.
- Use Place SmartLine to draw a line representing the lean of the feature.
- Use Measure Angle Between Lines to measure between the vertical line and the line representing your feature to see the angle. For example, a wall.
- Similarly, one could draw a horizontal line and measure between it and the representative feature line to measure the angle of the feature to the horizontal.