Place Catenary String tool lets you manually place a line string for a single wire (catenary string) between two towers. You can use this tool in places where the automatic detection of wires fails.
You define the shape of the catenary curve with three mouse clicks. Optionally, the start and end point of the line string are defined by mouse clicks as well. Start and end points only effect the length of the catenary curve but not its shape.
The line string element for the wire is drawn on the active level using the active symbology settings of MicroStation.
To place a catenary string manually:
- Use Draw Vertical Section tool to create a longitudinal section along the wire from tower to tower.
- Select the Place Catenary String tool.
This opens the Place Catenary String dialog:
- Define settings.
- (Optional) Define the start point of the catenary string with a data click.
- Define the first, second, and third curvature point with data clicks.
- (Optional) Define the end point of the catenary string with a data click.
- The application draws the catenary string defined by the given points temporarily into the design file.
- Accept the catenary string with another data click.
- The catenary string is drawn permanently into the design file and laser points are classified into the given target class, if the corresponding setting is switched on.
The Catenary constant value is shown in the bottom of the Microstation window:
|Start location separately||If on, the first data click defines the start point of the catenary string.|
|Snap to||If on, the three curvature points are snapped to the closest laser points in a given class. This lock is normally on.|
|Fit using||If on, the catenary string is fitted to laser points in the given class within the given tolerance.|
|Classify to||If on, laser points within the given radius around the catenary string are classified into the given class.|
|End location separately||If on, the last data click defines the end location of the catenary string.|
Note: The placement of a catenary string can be undone by using the Undo command from the MicroStation Edit pulldown menu. The classification of the points along the catenary string can be undone by using the Undo command of TerraScan.