To assign or modify the Spatial Reference System (SRS) in a LAS file, use the LP360 LAS File Analyst tool:
- Add the LAS files into LP360 as open for Read/Write.
- Select “LAS File Analyst” by right-clicking the LAS layer, or clicking the wrench and hammer icon associated with the main LP360 toolbar.
- A dialogue box will appear in which you choose the LAS files for repair.
- Open LAS File Analyst Options and select Repair tab. In the Update SRS section, check box for “Add WKT”.
- Use ellipses to select desired SRS to be added to LAS files.
- Select “Repair” button to add SRS to LAS files.
Note: Clicking Yes applies the changes to the LAS files and cannot be undone.
This utility will assign an SRS, but will not reproject the data. To reproject, use the Reproject/Shift LAS PCT in LP360.