The TerraSlaveService is required in order to use a machine as a slave machine for the TerraDispatcher. If the TerraSlaveService does not install as it should using the setup.exe, manually install the service.
- Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on Command Prompt in the Start menu and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
- Type “sc create TerraSlaveService binpath= “c:\terra64\TSlave\TSlave_service.exe” start= auto obj= “DOMAIN\username” password= “PASSWORD””, without the opening and closing quotes, but include quotes around the service username and password. Note the space after each equal sign.
- Message should display something akin to the following indicating the service has been created successfully.
[SC] CreateService SUCCESS
- Type “sc start TerraSlaveService” to start the service
- Message should display something akin to the following indicating the service has started.
SERVICE_NAME: TerraSlaveService TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS STATE : 4 RUNNING (STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN) WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) CHECKPOINT : 0x0 WAIT_HINT : 0x0 PID : 23484 FLAGS :