It is not possible to populate only selected blocks in a project. However, if you create a project that points in the same folder as the existing one, basically a sub project of the desired blocks and Import Points into that project, then you can accomplish the desired task.
To create the subproject using the blocks drawn into the design file:
- Select the desired block elements that are drawn in the design file.
- On the TerraScan Project dialogue select Identify and click inside the view.
- The project blocks associated with your element selection will highlight in the project window.
- On the TerraScan Project dialogue click Invert (it is important to note the Invert button is not visible unless the Project Dialog is set to Long List)
- The blocks you wish to delete from the project should now be highlighted.
- On the TerraScan Project dialogue -> Block -> Delete Definition
- On the TerraScan Project dialogue -> File -> Save Project As… to save the project as a new name in the same folder.