The instructions below are specified for use with the TerraScan product, but can be set-up to be used with any of the Terrasolid products.
- Using Microstation set-up TerraScan with all the projection systems, input and output formats, transformations and any other settings that might be needed for any given project. This information is saved in the Terra Applications folder, namely, “c:\terra\tscan” in the following files:
- Alrepfmt.inf – TerraScan Align Report
- Codes.inf – TerraScan codes
- Collection_shapes.inf – TerraScan Collection shapes
- Outfmt.inf – TerraScan Output Formats
- Projection_Systems.inf – TerraScan Projection Systems
- Rail_sections.inf – Rail section templates
- Scanner_systems.inf – Scanner System definitions
- Section_templates.inf – Section templates
- Targets.inf – TerraScan Targets
- Tower_functions.inf – Tower Function definitions
- Tower_statuses.inf – Tower Status definitions
- Tower_types.inf – Tower Type definitions
- Trajfmt.inf – TerraScan Trajectory Formats
- Trans.inf – TerraScan Transformations
- Tree_types.inf – Tree Type definitions
- Waveform_profiles.inf – Waveform profile definitions for scanner systems
- Determine a place on the local network where these files will be placed.
- Create a folder.
- Set the permissions for the folder to read only for all users, or full control for one user and read only for the rest of the users.
- Place the files mentioned above in the folder.
- On a client machine go to C:\terra\config and open the TScan.CFG file
- Modify the TSCAN_SET location to point to the network folder.
- It is highly recommended to use a UNC path.
- Use forward slashes with three forward slashes at the beginning and two forward slashes for the rest of the address including the double forward slash at the end. For example: “TSCAN_SET=///karriepc//work2//TerraScan_Test//”
- Place this TScan.CFG file on each client machine that is going to be using the custom configuration files.
Caution: Settings are only loaded when MicroStation is first launched. Terrasolid saves the settings each time the settings dialog is closed.
Tip: Replace the TScan.CFG and TScan.PTC files in the installation package prior to installing to make it easier to maintain and roll out your custom settings.