A few general rules to follow to ensure that contours generated in TerraModeler edge match correctly:
- Use the Produce Contour option rather than interactively writing the contours for a single tile into the design file.
- Use a model buffer size large enough to span data voids at tile boundaries.
- Incorporate breaklines to avoid issues with large water bodies near tile boundaries.
- Produce Contours on all tiles in a single TerraModeler session as TerraModeler will keep the edge information in memory during the contour production to help ensure that contours edge match between resulting tiles to within one UOR.
- Use the largest tiles possible to minimize possible areas of edge mismatches. This is best accomplished by generating a contour keypoint dataset from which to produce the contours.
- Use “soft line strings” as the contour draw type instead of writing “curves”.
- Do not use the “Thin by removing points if” contour option.