As the use of multi-beam rotating scanners becomes increasingly popular in mobile mapping, a growing interest has been noticed for an animation about using Terrasolid tools to process such data sets. This animation shows some Terrasolid tools developed to analyze road environments.
The part showing computing the road section parameters includes a comparison with a single-beam rotating scanner and a phase-based scanner.
All datasets have been used as is and the accuracy and internal calibration has not been analyzed or adjusted.
Note: This animation is not intended to be used for self-training.
- Define Coordinate Setup – Determines coordinate range
- Geographic Coordinate System – Assigning CRS
- Sychronize Google Earth View – Verify CRS
- Create along centerline – Creates block boundaries along a centerline element.
- Compute road parameters – Extracts information from cross sections at regular spacing along a road.
- Read / Section parameters – Draw the section parameter values into the CAD file.
- Road Toolbox – Used to place breaklines of roads, to analyze the slopes on the road surface and sight conditions, to place labels for curvatures, to write elevation values along an alignment, and to start the fit geometry components module.
- Assign color to points – Assign color to points using the intensity value.
- Export raster images – Generates raster images where pixel values are derived from laser point attributes.
- Tutorial: Adjust Mobile Point Cloud Intensity and Find Paint Lines – Learn how to scale intensity and find paint lines using a mobile point cloud using TerraScan
- Export Google Earth (KML) File – Export the dgn drawing elements to a google (kmz) file.
- Show Street View – Opens a Google Street View© image in a browser.
- Write section points – Produces files that contain only points of cross sections at regular steps along an alignment element.