A short tutorial showing how to use the Agisoft Metashape Confidence Value as a reliability attribute for ground classification in dense image matching photogrammetric point cloud classification.
Dataset courtesy of ELY-Keskus – owner and Mitta Oy – creator.
List of tools used in this presentation:
- Read Points – Reliability attribute is selected at import.
- Display Mode – Low reliability points displayed by coloring, the remaining points display in grey scale. Remaining points represent the ground surface.
- Ground classification macro using reliability attribute reviewed:
- Cut low reliability – Command designed to remove points with a lower reliability value, leaving ground points remaining.
- Classify isolated points – Using this in conjunction with delete class to remove isolated noise points
- Classify Surface – Used to classify smooth surfaces
- Smoothen – Used to smooth attributes of laser points, resulting in a more homogeneous point cloud
- Classify hard surface – Classifies ground points based on a generated triangulated surface model.
- Classify Ground – For this example, classifies ground using vegetation index derived from Distance calculation.
- Create Editable Model – Create model based on the classified ground points derived from the previous macro steps
- Display shaded surface – View the ground model
- Vegetation classification macro used to classify vegetation by height.