This short tutorial shows the suggested road curb detection method using TerraScan’s Find Curb Along Element tool. This tool creates two 3D line elements following the lower and upper edges of curb stones in a point cloud. It separates the lower and upper edge by a given minimum horizontal distance so the breaklines may be used in a TIN surface.
- Import Trajectory – Use copy of trajectory to create initial 2D curb line
- Drape Linear Element – Drape curb line
- Display Mode – Use Shading and Intensity to find the edge of the curve
- Copy Linear Element – Moving draped line string
- Draw Vertical Section – Used to take profile views of curb line placement