Microsoft has a PortQry utility to help users test ports for successful communication:
- Download the PortQry GUI from Microsoft
- Extract PortQry to a folder on your machine, such as “C:\PortQryUI”.
- In that folder, run portqueryui.exe by double-clicking on it.
- Enter the destination IP as found in your License String, ls24.rlmcloud.com or ls41.rlmcloud.com.
- Select “Manually input query ports” as the Query Type.
- Set “Ports to query” 5053 and the unique port number provided with your license string, separated by a comma.
- Set the Protocol to TCP.
- The ports must both return as “LISTENING:, otherwise the ports are blocked and you will need to figure out where and allow them both through for outbound communications to occur with the hosted license server.