Unable to install ASPSuite due to the error message stating, “Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer”.
Probable Resolution #1:
The security warning is caused by the “ClickOnce Trust Prompt Behavior”: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308453.aspx
To install the application you will need an administrator on the machine to change the values in the Registry:
- In Windows, click on the Start button.
- Type run and press enter.
- In the newly opened window, type regedit and click OK.
- Find the following registry key: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel
- If the key does not exist, create it.
- Add the following subkeys as String Value, with the associated values shown in the following table, if they do not already exist:
Once these changes have been implemented, the user should be able to install ASPSuite successfully.