Note: It is necessary to deactivate the node-locked Metashape license before re-installing, installing a new OS, or changing hardware components. In addition, the license should be deactivated in order to be transferred to another computer.
To move a Node-Locked MetaShape (Photoscan) license: deactivate it first on the old machine, and then activate it on the new machine.
- First, ensure that you have your license key.
- Then on the old machine, go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Activate Product’.
- Then click on ‘Deactivate…’
- On the new machine download the latest version of Metashape.
- Once installed you can now enter the your Metashape license key and activate Metashape (Help -> Activate Product) on the new machine.
Activating/Deactivating the Node-locked Metashape License
Activation and deactivation of Metashape is also possible from the command-line (terminal) using –activate or –deactivate arguments. Deactivation can be done from any command window. Activation requires an elevated command prompt.
Note the hyphen before the activate and deactivate parameter is actually two hyphens.
metashape.exe –activate 11111-22222-33333-44444-55555
- Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on the Command Prompt in the Start menu and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
- “c:\Program Files\Agisoft\Metashape Pro\metashape.exe” –activate 11111-22222-33333-44444-55555
On Mac OS X you need to run the executable from the application bundle contents in the following way:
./Metashape.sh --activate 11111-22222-33333-44444-55555 ./Metashape.sh --deactivate
The same license is valid for Windows, Mac OS or Linux – you just need to download the correct installation package from http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/
Please note, that uninstall of Agisoft Metashape does not deactivate the license automatically. If you have uninstalled the software before deactivating it, please re-install Agisoft Metashape and run deactivation procedure, as described above.