Attempting to install LP360, the user encounters an error message, “Windows Installer – This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.”
Probable Resolution #1:
The error message usually indicates that the msi did not completely download. Usually verifiable by the size of the installer. Try re-downloading the installer and running it again.
Probable Resolution #2:
Some systems do not allow installation from a network. Copy the msi to the local computer and try running the installer again.
Probable Resolution #3:
Antivirus and security software programs, like Norton Antivirus may prevent the installation process from succeeding. Temporarily deactivate the antivirus and try the installation again.
Probable Resolution #4:
The Windows Installer may have a problem. The Windows installer service adds, modifies, and removes any applications that are provided as a .msi package. If this service is disabled any services that depend on it will fail to start.
To verify that the Windows installer service is running. To enable it:
1. Click the Windows key + R, type Services.msc into the field and click Enter.
2. Locate the Windows installer service in the services window, right-click it and select Properties.
3. Select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down and click Start.
4. Click OK and try the installation again. If the same message appears, the Windows Installer service could be corrupted.
5. Download and install the last version of Windows Installer: http://www.microsoft.com.
6. Try the installation again.