To activate a Metashape floating license you will need to have up to three different activation keys:
- Enable on VM key
- FLS activation key
- Agisoft Metashape license activation key
To configure Metashape Floating Licenses on the Server:
- If upgrading from a node-locked Metashape license you will first need to deactivate the node-locked license before receiving your floating license server key.
- Activation of an FLS on a virtual machine (VM) requires an additional license. If it was not included above, please contact us for the additional license before proceeding.
- To enable licenses on a VM:
- Run the RLM utility on the virtual machine that is intended to be used as a floating license server for your network by following steps 1 and 2 in https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133073-floating-license-activation-procedure
- Open the web-interface on the RLM administration panel in an internet browser (http://localhost:5054), step 3 in the preceding link.
- Press the Activate License button in the left frame menu.
- Follow the activation procedure using the following parameters:
- Step 1: www.hostedactivation.com
- Step 2: ISV: agisoft, License activation key: <enable vm key>
- Step 3: License Server or Node-lock hostid: leave the default value, License Count (for floating licenses): 1
- Step 4: License file to create or edit: name it something like vm_enable.lic, the lic extension is important
- Step 5: Confirm everything
- Activation of a new floating license for Agisoft Metashape requires configuring a Floating License Server (FLS) and then configuring client machines to see the licenses on the FLS as described in these instructions. If installing on a VM and you have completed those steps above, start at step 5 in https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133073-floating-license-activation-procedure
- To run the floating license server as a service you’ll need to follow these additional steps: https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000157618-how-to-run-floating-license-server-as-a-system-service
- Adding more licenses to an existing FLS requires starting at step 6 and 7 in https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133073-floating-license-activation-procedure
Configure the Client:
- Download the latest release of Metashape Pro v1.7.x from www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/, select your operating system in the Professional Edition
- Install Metashape Pro on the client machine
- Follow step 8 in https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000133073-floating-license-activation-procedure to configure the licenses if they re not automatically being recognized.
- In general the floating license is only available when connected to the license server, but it is possible to borrow a license for offline work: https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000157620-how-to-borrow-the-floating-license-for-the-offline-work
You can find installation instructions in the Agisoft Metashape Professional Edition User Manual here: http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/user-manuals/
Please note the license includes free updates up to version 1.9.9 and one year of e-mail based technical support by us, firstname.lastname@example.org. Support after the first year can be contacted at email@example.com.
You can visit the Tutorials page http://www.agisoft.com/support/tutorials/beginner-level/ to learn some standard processing workflows. Some useful tips also can be found on the Tips & Tricks page http://www.agisoft.com/support/tips-tricks/
Note: It is necessary to deactivate the license before re-installing or installing a new OS or changing hardware components. In addition, the license should be deactivated in order to be transferred to another computer. To deactivate the license please follow these instructions: How to transfer floating license server to a new machine? : Helpdesk Portal (freshdesk.com)