The TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone Users Guide is a comprehensive guide to GeoCue’s LP360 software for processing TrueView 3DIS, 2DIS, and guest sensors. TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone is a 64-bit Windows® desktop application used for processing and exploiting TrueView sensor data. It is GeoCue’s LP360 point cloud exploitation product with the addition of a collection of tools for TrueView sensor data workflows. Currently, TrueView Evo/LP360 Drone is available in the following licensing levels:
- LPViewer – A free viewer level of LP360 for viewing a point cloud.
- TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone Explorer – A low-cost inspector license equivalent to LP360 Viewer, with Image Explorer enabled for viewing True Pose® photos, and Import TrueView Cycle for field QC checks. This is also the license that should be purchased for delivery with LP360 Explorer Packages provided to end users so they can make full use of the TrueView 3DIS point cloud and photos, plus any derivative products you generate for them.
- LP360 Drone – Enables PPK processing for guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK plus TrueView 2DIS and 3DIS. This is the next generation ASPSuite Advanced and is equivalent to LP360 Standard with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools and tools for ground classification and volumetric computations. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Fast Photo – Enables local Fast Orthomapping at a lower resolution, local Orthomapping processing if you have your own Metashape license, and Cloud based Orthomapping (using TrueView points). Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Cloud Photo 3000 – Enables local Fast Orthomapping, local Orthomapping processing if you have your own Metashape license, and Cloud based Orthomapping (includes 3000 photos per month, additional photos may be processed using TrueView points). Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Strip Align – Enables Strip Align tools for adjusting for dynamic trajectory errors in the dataset. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Business Intelligence Tools – Enables specific point cloud tasks designed for extraction of non-ground features, such as rail, power lines, buildings, trees. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Unlimited – this is the same functionally as LP360 Drone with the size limit removed. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
The legacy TrueView EVO license levels are:
- TrueView EVO, formerly named TrueView EVO Lite – Enables PPK processing for guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK. This is the next generation ASPSuite Advanced and is equivalent to LP360 Advanced with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data.
- TrueView EVO 3DIS, formerly named TrueView EVO – This is equivalent to LP360 Advanced with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data.
- TrueView EVO Unlimited – this is the same functionally as TrueView EVO with the size limit removed. Available as an annual subscription.
TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone is the software used to post-process your raw flight data. TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone will generate a 3D LIDAR point cloud in LAS format, colorize the point cloud, and geotag the images collected. It is based on GeoCue’s LIDAR point cloud exploitation software, LP360, and comes with all the same tools as LP360. Tools such as accuracy assessment, automatic and manual ground classification, and contour/ surface exporting.
The TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone Users Guide covers installation and licensing for TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone, Applanix Corporation POSPac software, Agisoft LLC Metashape for EVO (MfE) and BayesMap Solutions, LLC StripAlign for EVO (SAfE). It also covers in detail the workflow for producing a colorized point cloud, geotagged images, and orthomosaic from the raw data collected by the TrueView 3DIS (TrueView 410, TrueView 435, TrueView 515, TrueView 615/620, TrueView 635/640, TrueView 645/650, TrueView 655/660), TrueView 2DIS (TrueView 250), and guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK, DJI M210-RTK, DJI Zenmuse P1 (M300-RTK), and DJI Zenmuse L1 (M300-RTK). For more information on the wide range of tools available in the underlying LP360 point cloud exploitation software, please refer to the LP360 tutorials and various tools, tips, and workflows for items not specifically outlined in the LP360 Drone tutorials and LP360 Drone Tools, Tips and Workflows.
About GeoCue 7 About Agisoft, LLC. 7 About BayesMap Solutions, LLC. 7 About TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone 8 About TrueView Reckon 9 A TrueView Cycle 9 Accessing and Managing TrueView Reckon from a Web Browser 9 Licensing and Installation 12 System Requirements 12 Installing TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone 13 Licensing TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone 13 StartUp Dialog 15 Unified Reckon Login in TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone 16 Updating TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone 18 POSPac Cloud vs Local Processing 19 Cloud 19 Installing POSPac Cloud 19 Firewall Requirements for POSPac Cloud 20 Local 20 Configuring TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone for POSPac UAV or POSPac MMS 20 Licensing StripAlign for EVO (SAfE) 21 Licensing Metashape for EVO (MfE) 21 Activate MfE 21 Deactivate MfE 23 Offline Activate MfE 24 Offline Deactivate MfE 26 Creating A New Drone Project 27 TrueView Multi-Cycle Import Wizard 27 Importing a TrueView Flight/Archive 28 Input TrueView Cycles/Flights 29 Importing a Guest Flight 31 DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK / DJI P1 / M210 RTK 31 DJI Zenmuse L1 34 Adding Base Station Observation Files 35 Base Antenna Calibration File 36 Setting TrueView Project and CRS 37 Setting the Archive Location 39 Setting the Flight/Base Positioning 39 Reference Mark/Base Station Location 40 Base Antenna Height 40 TrueView Single Cycle Import Wizard 41 Setting the Input Mode 41 Importing from a Cycle file 41 Importing from an Archive 42 Importing From a Guest Flight 42 Selecting the Cycle and Image Folders 45 Import from a File 45 Importing from an Archive 45 Setting Project Location and Name 47 Cycle Information and Coordinate Reference System (CRS) 48 Base Station Observation Files and Ancillary Files 49 Base Antenna Calibration File 49 Base Antenna Height 50 Ancillary Files 51 Base Station Location 51 Setting the Archive Location 52 Examining Imported Files 53 TrueView 3DIS® Processing Workflow 56 POSPac Processing Wizard 56 Processing Settings Selection 56 Base Station Settings 58 Trajectory Output Settings 62 Processing Confirmation 63 POSPac Report Review 64 POSPac Troubleshooting 67 TrueView Error: UPLOAD_FAILED 67 TrueView Error: Execution_Failed 67 TrueView Error: An unexpected error occurred running POSPacBatch.exe 68 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 69 Auto Create Flight Lines 69 Manually Create Flight Lines 71 Create TrueView Trajectories 72 Geocode LiDAR 78 Colorize Point Cloud 80 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 82 StripAlign for EVO (SAfE) 85 Metashape for EVO (MfE) 88 MfE Advanced Settings 94 Executing MfE on Another Machine 97 Configuring TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 97 Export Photo Package 98 Create Ortho from Photo Package 100 DJI Zenmuse L1 Workflow 107 Configure and License DJI Terra 107 Pre-Processing in DJI Terra 107 Import DJI Zenmuse L1 Guest Flight 108 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 110 Auto Create Flight Lines 110 Manually Create Flight Lines 112 Create TrueView Trajectories 113 Geocode LiDAR for L1 119 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 121 StripAlign for EVO (SAfE) 124 Metashape for EVO (MfE) 127 MfE Advanced Settings 133 Executing MfE on Another Machine 135 Configuring TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 135 Export Photo Package 136 TrueView 2DIS and DJI-RTK Guest Sensor Workflow 138 Post Process Trajectory Wizard 138 Processing Settings Selection 138 Base Station Settings 141 Ephemeris Settings 144 Processing Confirmation 145 POS File Plot Review 147 POS File Troubleshooting 148 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 148 Auto Create Flight Lines 148 Manually Create Flight Lines 150 Create TrueView Trajectories 151 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 158 Metashape for EVO (MfE) 161 MfE Advanced Settings 167 Executing MfE on Another Machine 169 Configuring TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 169 Export Photo Package 170 Create Ortho from Photo Package 172 TrueView Archive Manager 179 Survey Nail Manager 181 Job Manager 183 Submitting Jobs to the Job Manager 183 Monitoring the Job Manager 183 Explorer Package 185 Export/Publish Explorer Package 185 Open EVO Explorer Package 187 Multi-Cycle Processing Tips 189 Appendix A: POSPac UAV Network License 193 Activate the license server 194 To use the license while on the same network as the license server 194 To Borrow a license From the license server 196 Firewall Settings to Communicate with the License Server 197 Antivirus Exceptions for Applanix POSPac 197 Configuring the Applanix Software License Utility for VPN 198 Applanix Software License Utility Troubleshooting 199 No Internet Connection Available. Activating a license requires an internet connection. 199 Support 200