LP360 is a 64-bit Windows® desktop application used for many years by the LP360 Geospatial community for processing traditional aerial, mobile, and terrestrial tripod laser scanner data. The LP360 Drone community is the focus of this Users Guide containing the LP360 workflows for processing and exploiting TrueView, microdrones® and guest sensor drone data. Formerly called TrueView EVO, LP360 Drone, is GeoCue’s LP360 point cloud exploitation product with the addition of a collection of tools and workflows for processing drone data. LP360 Drone is the software used to post-process your raw flight data to generate a 3D LiDAR point cloud in LAS format, colorize the point cloud, and geotag the images collected. LP360 also has many tools for assessing and processing point cloud data, such as accuracy assessment, automatic and manual ground classification, and contour/ surface generation. LP360 Drone is available in the following licensing levels:
- LPViewer – A free viewer level of LP360 for viewing a point cloud.
- TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone Explorer – A low-cost inspector license equivalent to LP360 Viewer, with Image Explorer enabled for viewing True Pose® photos, and Import TrueView Cycle for field QC checks. This is also the license that should be purchased for delivery with LP360 Explorer Packages provided to end users so they can make full use of the TrueView 3DIS point cloud and photos, plus any derivative products you generate for them.
- LP360 Drone – Enables PPK processing for guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK plus TrueView 2DIS and 3DIS. This is the next generation ASPSuite Advanced and is equivalent to LP360 Standard with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools and tools for ground classification and volumetric computations. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Fast Photo – Enables local Fast Orthomapping at a lower resolution, local Orthomapping processing if you have your own Metashape license, and Cloud based Orthomapping (using TrueView points). Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Cloud Photo 3000 – Enables local Fast Orthomapping, local Orthomapping processing if you have your own Metashape license, and Cloud based Orthomapping (includes 3000 photos per month, additional photos may be processed using TrueView points). Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Strip Align – Enables Strip Align tools for adjusting for dynamic trajectory errors in the dataset. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Business Intelligence Tools – Enables specific point cloud tasks designed for extraction of non-ground features, such as rail, power lines, buildings, trees. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Unlimited – this is the same functionally as LP360 Drone with the size limit removed. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
The legacy TrueView EVO license levels are:
- TrueView EVO, formerly named TrueView EVO Lite – Enables PPK processing for guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK. This is the next generation ASPSuite Advanced and is equivalent to LP360 Advanced with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data.
- TrueView EVO 3DIS, formerly named TrueView EVO – This is equivalent to LP360 Advanced with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data.
- TrueView EVO Unlimited – this is the same functionally as TrueView EVO with the size limit removed. Available as an annual subscription.
The LP360 Drone Users Guide covers installation and licensing for LP360 Drone, Applanix Corporation POSPac software, Agisoft LLC Ortho Mapping licenses, and LP360 Strip Align. It also covers in detail the workflow for producing a colorized point cloud, geotagged images, and orthomosaic from the raw data collected by the TrueView 3DIS (TrueView 410, TrueView 435, TrueView 515, TrueView 615/620, TrueView 635/640, TrueView 645/650, TrueView 655/660), TrueView 2DIS (TrueView 250), microdrones®, and guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK, DJI M210-RTK, DJI Zenmuse P1 (M300-RTK), DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise, and DJI Zenmuse L1 (M300-RTK). For more information on the wide range of tools available in the underlying LP360 point cloud exploitation software, please refer to the LP360 tutorials and various tools, tips, and workflows for items not specifically outlined in the LP360 Drone tutorials and LP360 Drone Tools, Tips and Workflows.
About mdGroup 7 About GeoCue 7 About microdrones 7 About Agisoft, LLC. 7 About BayesMap Solutions, LLC. 7 About LP360 Drone 8 About TrueView Reckon 9 A Cycle 9 Accessing and Managing TrueView Reckon from a Web Browser 9 Licensing and Installation 12 System Requirements 12 Installing LP360 Drone 13 Perpetual Users 13 Subscription Users and TrueView Rentals 13 Perpetual Licensing for LP360 Drone 13 Subscription Licensing for LP360 Drone 15 StartUp Dialog 17 Unified Reckon Login in LP360 Drone 18 Updating TrueView EVO to LP360 Drone 20 Updating LP360 Drone 20 POSPac Cloud vs Local Processing 21 Cloud 21 Installing POSPac Cloud 21 Firewall Requirements for POSPac Cloud 22 Local 22 Configuring LP360 Drone for POSPac UAV or POSPac MMS 22 Configuring LP360 Drone for Local POSPac QC 23 Licensing LP360 Drone+Strip Align 24 Licensing LP360 Drone+Desktop Photo 24 Activate Ortho Mapping License 24 Deactivate Ortho Mapping License 26 Offline Activate Ortho Mapping License 27 Offline Deactivate Ortho Mapping License 29 Creating A New Drone Project 30 TrueView Multi-Cycle Import Wizard 30 Importing a TrueView Flight/Archive 31 Input TrueView Cycles/Flights 32 Importing a Guest Flight 34 DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK / DJI P1 / M210 RTK / M3E 34 DJI Zenmuse L1 37 Adding Base Station Observation Files 38 Base Antenna Calibration File 39 Setting TrueView Project and CRS 40 Setting the Archive Location 42 Setting the Flight/Base Positioning 42 Reference Mark/Base Station Location 43 Base Antenna Height 43 TrueView Single Cycle Import Wizard 45 Setting the Input Mode 45 Importing from a Cycle file 45 Importing from an Archive 46 Importing From a Guest Flight 46 Selecting the Cycle and Image Folders 49 Import from a File 49 Importing from an Archive 49 Setting Project Location and Name 51 Cycle Information and Coordinate Reference System (CRS) 52 Base Station Observation Files and Ancillary Files 53 Base Antenna Calibration File 53 Base Antenna Height 54 Ancillary Files 54 Base Station Location 55 Setting the Archive Location 56 Examining Imported Files 57 TrueView 3DIS® Processing Workflow 60 POSPac Processing Wizard 60 Processing Settings Selection 60 Base Station Settings 62 Processing Confirmation 65 POSPac Report Review 67 POSPac Troubleshooting 69 TrueView Error: UPLOAD_FAILED 69 TrueView Error: Execution_Failed 69 TrueView Error: An unexpected error occurred running POSPacBatch.exe 70 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 71 Auto Create Flight Lines 71 Manually Create Flight Lines 73 Create TrueView Trajectories 74 Geocode LiDAR 81 Colorize Point Cloud 83 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 85 LP360 Strip Align (fka StripAlign for EVO(SAfE)) 88 Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 91 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 97 Executing Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 100 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 100 Export Photo Package 101 Create Ortho from Photo Package 103 DJI Zenmuse L1 Workflow 110 Configure and License DJI Terra 110 Pre-Processing in DJI Terra 110 Import DJI Zenmuse L1 Guest Flight 111 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 113 Auto Create Flight Lines 113 Manually Create Flight Lines 115 Create TrueView Trajectories 116 Geocode LiDAR for L1 123 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 125 LP360 Strip Align (fka StripAlign for EVO(SAfE)) 128 Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 131 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 137 Executing Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 139 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 139 Export Photo Package 140 TrueView 2DIS and DJI-RTK Guest Sensor Workflow 142 Post Process Trajectory Wizard 142 Processing Settings Selection 142 Base Station Settings 145 Ephemeris Settings 148 Processing Confirmation 149 POS File Plot Review 151 POS File Troubleshooting 152 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 152 Auto Create Flight Lines 152 Manually Create Flight Lines 154 Create TrueView Trajectories 155 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 162 Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 165 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 171 Executing Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 173 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 173 Export Photo Package 174 Create Ortho from Photo Package 176 TrueView Archive Manager 183 Survey Nail Manager 185 Job Manager 187 Submitting Jobs to the Job Manager 187 Monitoring the Job Manager 187 Explorer Package 189 Export/Publish Explorer Package 189 Open an LP360 Explorer Package 191 Multi-Cycle Processing Tips 193 Appendix A: POSPac UAV Network License 197 Activate the license server 198 To use the license while on the same network as the license server 198 To Borrow a license From the license server 200 Firewall Settings to Communicate with the License Server 201 Antivirus Exceptions for Applanix POSPac 201 Configuring the Applanix Software License Utility for VPN 202 Applanix Software License Utility Troubleshooting 203 No Internet Connection Available. Activating a license requires an internet connection. 203 Support 204