LP360 is a 64-bit Windows® desktop application used for many years by the LP360 Geospatial community for processing traditional aerial, mobile, and terrestrial tripod laser scanner data. The LP360 Drone community is the focus of this Users Guide containing the LP360 workflows for processing and exploiting TrueView, microdrones® and guest sensor drone data. Formerly called TrueView EVO, LP360 Drone, is GeoCue’s LP360 point cloud exploitation product with the addition of a collection of tools and workflows for processing drone data. LP360 Drone is the software used to post-process your raw flight data to generate a 3D LiDAR point cloud in LAS format, colorize the point cloud, and geotag the images collected. LP360 also has many tools for assessing and processing point cloud data, such as accuracy assessment, automatic and manual ground classification, and contour/ surface generation. LP360 Drone is available in the following licensing levels:
- LPViewer – A free viewer level of LP360 for viewing a point cloud.
- TrueView EVO/LP360 Drone Explorer – A low-cost inspector license equivalent to LP360 Viewer, with Image Explorer enabled for viewing True Pose® photos, and Import TrueView Cycle for field QC checks. This is also the license that should be purchased for delivery with LP360 Explorer Packages provided to end users so they can make full use of the TrueView 3DIS point cloud and photos, plus any derivative products you generate for them.
- LP360 Drone – Enables PPK processing for guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK plus TrueView 2DIS and 3DIS. This is the next generation ASPSuite Advanced and is equivalent to LP360 Standard with the addition of the TrueView workflow tools and tools for ground classification and volumetric computations. It is limited to product areas of no more than 10 km2 of LAS data. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+3D Accuracy – Enables the automatic detection of Accuracy Stars and related target types. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Photo – Enables local Ortho Mapping. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Photogrammetry with Agisoft – Enables local Agisoft Ortho Mapping, if you have a Metashape license, and Cloud based Agisoft Ortho Mapping (using LP360 Points). Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Cloud Photo 3000 – Enables both the local Ortho Mapping, local Agisoft Ortho Mapping processing if you have your own Metashape license, and Cloud based Agisoft Ortho Mapping (includes 3000 photos per month, additional photos may be processed using LP360 Points). Available as an annual subscription license.
- LP360 Drone+Full Photo (formerly Fast Photo) – Legacy license that enables both the local Ortho Mapping and local Agisoft Ortho Mapping, if you have a Metashape license, and Cloud based Agisoft Ortho Mapping (using LP360 Points).
- LP360 Drone+Strip Align – Enables Strip Align and Strip Adjustment tools for adjusting for dynamic trajectory errors in the dataset. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Strip Adjustment – Enables Strip Adjustment for adjusting for dynamic trajectory errors, and Calibration tool for boresight calibration of TrueView or microdrones datasets. Available as a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Business Intelligence Tools – Enables specific point cloud tasks designed for extraction of non-ground features, such as rail, power lines, buildings, trees. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Unlimited – this is the same functionally as LP360 Drone with the size limit removed. Available as an annual subscription or a perpetual license.
- LP360 Drone+Experimental – this is the same functionality as LP360 Drone with the addition of features classed as experimental. We may occasionally have features that we call experimental where we have limited access available only to those organizations specifically working with us on those features. Or, at times, a pre-release version being used for training.
The LP360 Drone Users Guide covers installation and licensing for LP360 Drone, Applanix Corporation POSPac software, Agisoft LLC Ortho Mapping licenses, and LP360 Strip Align. It also covers in detail the workflow for producing a colorized point cloud, geotagged images, and orthomosaic from the raw data collected by the TrueView 3DIS (TrueView 410, TrueView 435, TrueView 515, TrueView 535, TrueView 615/620, TrueView 625, TrueView 635/640, TrueView 645/650, TrueView 655/660, TrueView 680, and TrueView 720), TrueView 2DIS (TrueView 250), microdrones mdLiDAR®, and guest systems, such as the DJI P4RTK, DJI M210-RTK, DJI Zenmuse P1 (M300-RTK), DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise, and DJI Zenmuse L1 (M300-RTK). For more information on the wide range of tools available in the underlying LP360 point cloud exploitation software, please refer to the LP360 tutorials and various tools, tips, and workflows for items not specifically outlined in the LP360 Drone tutorials and LP360 Drone Tools, Tips and Workflows.
LP360 Drone Users Guide Contents
About mdGroup 7 About GeoCue 7 About microdrones 7 About Agisoft, LLC. 7 About BayesMap Solutions, LLC. 7 About LP360 Drone 8 About LP360 Online 9 About LP360 Cloud 9 A Cycle 10 Accessing and Managing LP360 Online from a Web Browser 10 Licensing and Installation 12 System Requirements 12 Installing LP360 Drone 13 Perpetual Users 13 Subscription Users and TrueView Rentals 13 Perpetual Licensing for LP360 Drone 13 Subscription Licensing for LP360 Drone 15 StartUp Dialog 16 LP360 Online/Reckon Login in LP360 Drone 17 Updating TrueView EVO to LP360 Drone 19 Updating LP360 Drone 19 POSPac Cloud vs Local Processing 20 Cloud 20 Installing POSPac Cloud 20 Firewall Requirements for POSPac Cloud 20 Local 20 Configuring LP360 Drone for POSPac UAV or POSPac MMS 21 Configuring LP360 Drone for Local POSPac QC 21 Additional Licensing Requirements for LP360 Drone+Strip Align 22 Additional Licensing Requirements for Licensing LP360 Drone+Desktop Photo with Agisoft 22 Activate Agisoft Ortho Mapping License 23 Deactivate Agisoft Ortho Mapping License 24 Offline Activate Agisoft Ortho Mapping License 25 Offline Deactivate Agisoft Ortho Mapping License 29 Creating A New Drone Project 31 TrueView Multi-Cycle Import Wizard 32 Importing a TrueView Flight/Archive 32 Input TrueView Cycles/Flights 33 Importing a DJI Guest Flight 36 DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK / DJI P1 / M210 RTK / M3E 36 DJI Zenmuse L1/L2 38 Adding Base Station Observation Files 40 Base Antenna Calibration File 40 Setting TrueView Project, Coordinate Reference System and Epoch 41 Setting the Archive Location 43 Setting the Flight/Base Positioning 44 Reference Mark/Base Station Location 44 Base Antenna Height 45 Examining Imported Files 46 TrueView 3DIS® Processing Workflow 49 POSPac Processing Wizard 49 Processing Settings Selection 49 Base Station Settings 52 Processing Confirmation 54 POSPac Report Review 56 POSPac Troubleshooting 58 TrueView Error: UPLOAD_FAILED 58 TrueView Error: Execution_Failed 58 TrueView Error: An unexpected error occurred running POSPacBatch.exe 59 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 60 Auto Create Flight Lines 60 Manually Create Flight Lines 62 Create TrueView Trajectories 64 Geocode LiDAR 70 Strip Adjustment 73 Strip Adjustment Advanced Settings 77 Colorize Point Cloud 79 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 81 LP360 Strip Align (fka StripAlign for EVO(SAfE)) 84 Agisoft Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 87 Agisoft Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 93 Executing Agisoft Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 96 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 96 Ortho Mapping 97 Input Layer Type: Point Cloud (LAS Layers) 98 Input Layer Type: Images (Photo Layers) 100 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 103 Companion Camera(s) EO File Generation 104 Boresite Calibration 106 DJI Zenmuse L1/L2 Workflow 109 Configure and License DJI Terra 109 Pre-Processing in DJI Terra 109 Import DJI Zenmuse L1/L2 Guest Flight 110 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 112 Auto Create Flight Lines 112 Manually Create Flight Lines 114 Create TrueView Trajectories 115 Geocode LiDAR for L1/L2 121 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 123 LP360 Strip Align (fka StripAlign for EVO(SAfE)) 126 Agisoft Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 129 Agisoft Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 135 Executing Agisoft Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 137 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 137 Ortho Mapping 138 Input Layer Type: Point Cloud (LAS Layers) 139 Input Layer Type: Images (Photo Layers) 141 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 144 TrueView 2DIS and DJI-RTK Guest Sensor Workflow 146 Post Process Trajectory Wizard 146 Processing Settings Selection 146 Base Station Settings 149 Ephemeris Settings 152 Processing Confirmation 153 Trajectory Plot Review 155 POS File Troubleshooting 156 Creating Flight Lines and TrueView Trajectories 157 Auto Create Flight Lines 157 Manually Create Flight Lines 159 Create TrueView Trajectories 160 Update EXIF Tags for Photogrammetric Software 166 Agisoft Ortho Mapping (fka Metashape for EVO(MfE)) 169 Agisoft Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 175 Executing Agisoft Ortho Mapping on Another Machine 177 Configuring LP360 Drone to run Metashape Pro 177 Ortho Mapping 178 Input Layer Type: Point Cloud (LAS Layers) 179 Input Layer Type: Images (Photo Layers) 181 Ortho Mapping Advanced Settings 184 TrueView Archive Manager 186 Survey Nail Manager 188 Job Manager 190 Submitting Jobs to the Job Manager 190 Monitoring the Job Manager 190 Export Photo Package 191 Explorer Package 194 Export/Publish Explorer Package 194 Open an LP360 Explorer Package 197 Multi-Cycle Processing Tips 199 Appendix A: POSPac UAV Network License 204 Activate the license server 205 To use the license while on the same network as the license server 205 To Borrow a license From the license server 207 Firewall Settings to Communicate with the License Server 208 Antivirus Exceptions for Applanix POSPac 208 Configuring the Applanix Software License Utility for VPN 209 Applanix Software License Utility Troubleshooting 210 No Internet Connection Available. Activating a license requires an internet connection. 210 Support 211